Enjoy my recipe below!
Everyone gets a few free recipes from the P3toLife Program. Just scroll down to see it.
Feeling a bit lost with what exactly to eat on Phase 3 of hCG? Get my FREE email mini-course on how to:
P3tolife Program Testimonial
"Your method worked like a charm."
AWESOME! I have entered the life phase 3 days ago and doing great! I have done this program once a year for the past 6 years. It wasn't till I found you 2 months ago that I have finally found success. Your method worked like a charm. Before I didn't have a clear cut way of doing this program. I was constantly doing steak days and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I was so frustrated. This time around I was either right on target or little below my last injection weight of the whole 3 weeks of Phase 3.
Your recipes are awesome. I liked about 95% of them!
Braised Beef and Mushroom Ragu over Zucchini RibbonsPrint Pin Rate
- 12 oz chuck roast fat trimmed
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes unsalted
- 20 oz crimini mushrooms , sliced or sub white button mushrooms
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2/3 cup white onion chopped
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt + 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Fresh basil chopped for serving, optional
- TURN crockpot to low heat and add crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, onion and beef stock. Stir in oregano, dried basil, garlic and 1 tsp sea salt.
- MELT butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Season beef with 1/4 tsp sea salt and black pepper. Place beef on hot pan and brown 3-4 minutes on each side.
- ADD beef and drippings from pan into crockpot. Add sprig of rosemary and cover. Cook 6 hours or until beef is fork tender.
- REMOVE beef and rosemary from crock pot and discard rosemary. Use two forks to shred beef. Place back into crockpot. Stir to incorporate.
- USE a flat blade on spiral slicer to slice zucchini into ribbons. Divide in half. Serve each portion with half of beef ragu. Garnish with fresh basil.
ALTERNATE INSTANT POT DIRECTIONS:
- USING saute function, melt butter. Season beef with 1/4 tsp sea salt and black pepper. Place beef in Instant Pot and brown 3-4 minutes on each side.
- ADD crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, onion and beef stock. Stir in oregano, dried basil, garlic, rosemary sprig and 1 tsp sea salt. Close lid and vent and set to high pressure for 45-60 minutes. Continue with step 4 above.