Everyone gets 3 free recipes from the P3tolife program! Just scroll down to see it. Enjoy this one.
Sign up for my free mini-course that shows you just HOW the P3tolife program is different from DIY P3 recipe searches on Pinterest.
Braised Beef and Mushroom Ragu over Zucchini Ribbons - Low CalPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 2 servings
Net Carb: 19g
- 12 oz chuck roast fat trimmed
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes unsalted
- 20 oz crimini mushrooms , sliced or sub white button mushrooms
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2/3 cup white onion chopped
- 1½ tsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt + 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Fresh basil chopped for serving, optional
- TURN crockpot to low heat and add crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, onion and beef stock. Stir in oregano, dried basil, garlic and 1 tsp sea salt.
- MELT butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Season beef with 1/4 tsp sea salt and black pepper. Place beef on hot pan and brown 3-4 minutes on each side.
- ADD beef and drippings from pan into crockpot. Add sprig of rosemary and cover. Cook 6 hours or until beef is fork tender.
- REMOVE beef and rosemary from crock pot and discard rosemary. Use two forks to shred beef. Place back into crockpot. Stir to incorporate.
- USE a flat blade on spiral slicer to slice zucchini into ribbons. Divide in half. Serve each portion with half of beef ragu. Garnish with fresh basil.
ALTERNATE INSTANT POT DIRECTIONS:
- USING saute function, melt butter. Season beef with 1/4 tsp sea salt and black pepper. Place beef in Instant Pot and brown 3-4 minutes on each side.
- ADD crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, onion and beef stock. Stir in oregano, dried basil, garlic, rosemary sprig and 1 tsp sea salt. Close lid and vent and set to high pressure for 45-60 minutes. Continue with step 4 above.
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 16g | Fiber: 6g | Net Carbs: 19g