Enjoy my recipe below!
Everyone gets a few free recipes from the P3toLife Program. Just scroll down to see it.
Feeling a bit lost with what exactly to eat on Phase 3 of hCG? Get my FREE email mini-course on how to:
P3tolife Program Testimonial
"I could seriously cry because I feel like what I set out to do, reset my body and tell it that you are not the boss of me I'm the boss of you is actually happening!"
Girl you are on FIRE this is perfect!!! Thanks so much! There are just some days that I'm "craving something" and this will allow me to create a meal for that craving!
I usually stabilize on a ketogenic diet. As a matter of fact I have been keto for five years except for when I am doing hCG. Here's the thing I don't want to live the rest of my life this way! It's too hard to stay under 25 carbs a day, one slip up and I'm up 3 pounds. So this last last round of hCG I did to lose some pounds I had gained, but also to force my body to lose weight at 30-34 carbs each day on phase 2. I am trying to truly reset my body so in phase 3 I make sure I get at least that many carbs each day. I am on day nine of phase 3…. and I am still with in 1 pound of my LIW!!!!!!
I made the spaghetti squash and meatballs last night, I purposely waited until week two because I know spaghetti squash generally will make me gain 3 to 4 pounds overnight even if I only have half a cup…..I had an entire cup and no weight gain. My body was so sensitive that I couldn't have anything like a mug bread. Even though it was fiber carbs….my net carbs had to be below 25 and my total carbs could never go over 35 so I was getting very little fiber….but I am eating a mug bread every day! I could seriously cry because I feel like what I set out to do, reset my body and tell it "you are not the boss of me I'm the boss of you" is actually happening! Thanks SO MUCH! Much love
Spaghetti Squash and Lean Beef MeatballsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 small/medium spaghetti squash halved and seeds removed (2 cups cooked)
- 10 oz ground beef 96% lean
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup Vidalia onion minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dried oregano divided
- 2 tsp dried basil divided
- 2 tsp garlic powder divided
- ½ tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Fresh basil chopped
COOK SPAGHETTI SQUASH: either
- 1. INSTANT POT: Slice in half down the middle so that it looks like a CIRCLE when you look at either side. Pierce with fork on both sides a few times. Place trivet and 1” of water at bottom of instant pot, then add squash. Cook on high manual pressure for 8 minutes. Release steam and scoop out seeds and toss.
- 2. OVEN: PREHEAT over to 400° F. Place spaghetti squash on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, cut side down. Bake 40 minutes.
- MIX Meatballs: While squash roasts, in a medium mixing bowl, combine beef, minced onion, nutritional yeast, egg, 1 tsp basil, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp garlic powder, fennel seeds, sea salt and black pepper. Mix with hands.
- FORM into 8 golf ball sized meatballs. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and spray liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Place meatballs on pan and cook 3 minutes to brown. Turn meatballs and cook 3 minutes longer.
- POUR in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes with meatballs. Stir in the rest of the garlic powder, oregano and basil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer 20 minutes. Serve over 1 cup cooked spaghetti squash.
Alternate cooking method Instant Pot:
- BROWN meatballs in instant pot. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes with meatballs. Stir in the rest of the garlic powder, oregano and basil. Cook in high pressure for 10 minutes. Serve over 1 cup cooked spaghetti squash. Top with freshly chopped basil.
- FAT: Use higher fat beef. Top with ¼ avocado. Top with Parmesan or mozzarella
- PROTEIN: Use 1 lb package ground meat package instead of 10 oz.
- CARBS: Add additional 1 cup spaghetti squash